Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 m)
Autumn & Spring
- Embrace the stunning views of unique topography, terrace farming, subtropical forest, and mountain ranges during the drive from Pokhara.
- Come upon Ghandruk village, a beautiful village of the Gurung community.
- Explore and enjoy the diverse natural beauty in the Annapurna region.
- Witness the trail through rhododendron forests, oak and fir, and bamboo.
- The magnificent views of Mt. Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, Hichuli, Gangapurna, and other peaks.
- Relish the enchanting beauty of mountains with sunrise and sunset.
“The Annapurna Base Camp Trek takes you across Nepal’s magnificent Annapurna mountain range.”
Nowadays, we are caught up in our busy timetables to brighten our future. To go along with our modern way of life, we’ve forgotten to bring peace to our minds. Trekking is the best choice if you are looking for a way out. It helps you with physical and mental improvement.
Trekking is an outdoor recreation for multiple days on foot. Exploring through the natural wilderness and thrills, gaining knowledge, witnessing the mind-blowing scenery, experiencing people from different localities, and many more are what you can expect from trekking. Trekking can be tiresome and challenging but can be motivational and recreational.
There are several popular destinations for trekking around the world. The beautiful Himalayas embrace Nepal, making it the best country. Grabbing the opportunity to explore the mountains is once in a lifetime experience.
Annapurna Base Camp trek is an iconic trek among others in Nepal. Sometimes people go for the ABC trek as an alternative to the Everest Base Camp trek. It is available for different durations (6 to 12 days) depending on the routes taken.
The trek to Annapurna Base Camp is rejuvenating. The excellent views of high peaks such as Annapurna I (8,091 m), Annapurna South (7,219 m), and Machapuchhre (6,993 m) are breathtaking. The feeling of hiking across rocky and steep landscapes, forests of rhododendron and oaks, suspension bridges, and much more excites you the most.
The ABC trek begins with a drive from Pokhara to Kimche and treks to the base camp, hiking through several towns and streamlets.
- Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival
- Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and Trek to Tikhe Dhunga
- Day 04: Trek from Tikhe Dhunga to Ghorepani
- Day 05: Hike to Ghorepani and Trek to Tadapani
- Day 06: Trek from Tadapani to Chhomrong
- Day 07: Trek from Chhomrong to Dovan
- Day 08: Trek from Dovan to Deurali
- Day 09: Trek from Dovan to Annapurna Base Camp via Machhapuchhre
- Day 10: Descend to Bamboo
- Day 11: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda
- Day 12: Trek to Siwa and Drive back to Pokhara
- Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 14: Final Departure
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and Trek to Tikhe Dhunga
Day 04: Trek from Tikhe Dhunga to Ghorepani
Day 05: Hike to Ghorepani and Trek to Tadapani
Day 06: Trek from Tadapani to Chhomrong
Day 07: Trek from Chhomrong to Dovan
Day 08: Trek from Dovan to Deurali
Day 09: Trek from Dovan to Annapurna Base Camp via Machhapuchhre
Day 10: Descend to Bamboo
Day 11: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda
Day 12: Trek to Siwa and Drive back to Pokhara
Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 14: Final Departure
What is included in Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Transfer to and from the airport
- All land transportation (Kathmandu-Pokhara by tourist bus & Pokhara-Nayapul by car)
- 2 nights at a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 2 nights at a 3-star hotel in Pokhara with breakfast
- 3 daily meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek, along with seasonal fruit snacks
- Use of a down jacket and sleeping bag while trekking
- A duffle bag for trekking
- One government-registered trekking guide and assistant (optional)
- One Porter for two people
- Food, accommodation, salary, and equipment for staff are covered
- Trekking route map
- Certificate of accomplishment for a trip
- A well-equipped first-aid box
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) Permit
- Confirm Booking
- Local Taxes
What is Excluded
- Extra personal expenses
- Airfare regarding International flights
- Tips to Porters & Guides
- Extra facilities
- Travel Insurance
- Nepal Entry Visa
Obtain a visa on arrival at Kathmandu’s Tribhuwan International Airport. Pay $50 for 30 days or $135 for 90 days, or in another currency of equal value. Remember to bring two passport-sized photos.
- Personal trekking gears
- Any drinks or beverages
- Access to hot showers while trekking
- Any additional activities/meals besides the itinerary
Weather can be a hassle during the trek in the mountains. Information on weather and climate is a must while travelling at high altitudes from sea level. Thus, the most favourable season for the Annapurna Base Camp trek is Autumn and Spring. During Autumn, the skies are clear, and the weather is most likely to be fair. The clear sight of mountains can be seen. Similarly, the days are warmer and longer during spring. In addition, the rhododendron blooms in the forest in this season.
However, the trek is possible for most of the year. The temperature during the day is cool, and the night falls below the freezing point in winter. But it would be the right choice to avoid travelling during the monsoon season. Heavy rainfall occurs during the season, which result causes floods and landslides.
Gear and Equipment
- Down Jacket
- Warn woolen socks
- Quality trekking boots with gripping sole
- Muffler/ scarf
- Warm trouser
- Trekking poles
- Sleeping bag
- Survival blankets
- Insect repellent, etc.
- Phone charger
- Power bank
- Headphone/ earphone, etc.
- Dry foods
- Trekking map
- Mineral water
- Prescribed medicines
- Water bottle, etc.